Saturday, April 25, 2009

American Idol Dr edition....

So I'll admit it...I love me some American Idol. In the beginning the disaster auditions are AmaZing for my self esteem and then I love watching the contestants pick completely random songs and either mutilate them or knock them out of the park. Add to that the totally medicated Paula Abdul and you've got some really great TV! Sterling however is not so much a fan. He gets bored with it almost instantly and ends up with his earphones in while surfing the internet or grading papers. He does try to support my addiction by staying updated on the who's and what's of it all. This week was no exception.

Sterling was up in Northern VA from early Wednesday morning until about 7:30 last night so he didn't have to suffer through the pain of actually watching AI with me, but he did make a point of looking up who was eliminated so he could talk with me about it. Sweet of him right? But there was a slight mix-up. This was our exchange:


Sterling--"So are you glad that Sanjay got sent home?"

"What?"

"Are you glad that Sanjay was eliminated, I know you don't like him"

"Sanjay?"

"Yeah, I saw online that Sanjay Gupta was eliminated from AI this week"

I about died laughing!! I had no idea that the CNN Medical Expert and previous candidate for Surgeon General with the new administration was not only a good singer but he was good enough to be in the top 7 of AI!! :)
In reality this week Anoop was eliminated, but he got Anoop and Sanjaya from LAST year confused. Apparently when you mix the two you get Sanjay Gupta! I'm sure none of you will find this as amusing as I did but I had to document it for posterity (really myself) so that next time I am feeling like a kindergartner next to my bio-informatics whiz of a hubby I can feel a little bit better. :)

5 comments:

  1. LOL!!! hahaha, that's hilarious! That was really sweet of Sterling to look that up though. I didn't know you were such an addict. Good to know. Glad to hear sterling finally made it home.
    PS yes, I think sterling would wear a hat like Gavin's. ;op

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Charisse,
    Speaking of American Idol, every time my kids hear music by that girl Megan, they insist it's you. They think her voice sounds like you, and Jayde insists you sing goofy songs like Megan always seemed to pick. (I know she was eliminated early and has had no professional musical training, so don't take this as an insult). Maybe you should try out for next season! If they come to DC for auditions, I'm dragging you there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny! I have the same plight at my house. This is what I heard last week while watching AI. "I don't get this show." "This is so boring." "Why are they singing these songs?" Maybe we can have an AI finale party so I can be with someone else that is as excited (or disappointed) as I am!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katherine, wow that is sad! That chicks voice grated on my brain, I had no idea I sounded like a Woodstock wannabe! Maybe it's all my tattos that reminds them of me... :)
    Linda it's a date! But i also think we should rent a Karaoke machine so that you can sing each song the contestants do....Who are you rooting for???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think me singing is a good idea, unless your ready for an evening of pain and suffering. I like a couple of the guys. Well have to talk...

    ReplyDelete