Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Child of the 80's

So I think my Lil Man missed his decade...by about 20 years. First of all check out these slammin' (his word) shades that he sports these days, only a playah from 1985 would rock them:
Next his love of music. Sterling and I went on iTunes with him so that he could make a mix of his very own. His first choice? Eye of the Tiger...followed by The Final Countdown. Really?? Wow.
Then we come to our choices of movies/TV shows...Star Wars (not just a movie but a way of life), He-Man (as we all remeber from our first post), the Smurfs, the Snorks, the list goes on and on. In this area I have no complaints. I'd much rather he like the little blue freaky things, than Sponge Bob (HATE him), or Pokemon (Ugh) and such. Schoolhouse Rock is another recent find, "Lolly,Lolly, Lolly, get your adverbs here"...thank goodness for Library Rentals.
SO, I guess I'm just waiting for him to come home asking for neon yellow high-tops, while rapping the Fresh Prince theme song, doing the moon walk, and secretly having a crush on Molly Ringwald.
Until then I will just enjoy watching this over and over:

5 comments:

  1. Love the shades, Coulter! and the rockin moves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only it could be the 80's still. Those were the days :). My boys favorite Itunes song at the moment is "Squirrels" by Inside Out Acapella group. It's good fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! We love Inside out...that song is hilarious. Except for the sound of a truck smashing a squirrel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Coulter! Who's the drummer? He's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I viewed this when you first posted, and just about died laughing. Viewed it the next day, and it was still funny. And it's still hilarious today. How I wish I could be a fly on your wall for so many reasons. I find it strange he's so into 80's stuff. He couldn't possibly have inherited 80's genes from you; weren't you like 2 in the 80's?

    ReplyDelete