Monday, May 18, 2009

Spring Cleaning

So, one of the benefits of having this fancy schmancy new car is that my husbands inner guy-pride has been reignited and he wants it to always be shiny. It's great because while he is making that one shiny he feels guilty and wants mine to be shiny too! Even though the Toyota had been washed a total of never in the past, oh I'd say 3 years, it has been bathed 3 times in the last month thanks to the Volvo! Inside and out...*sigh*...I am beginning to understand the meaning of true love when I am not the only one who has to dig all the cheerios/goldfish/apple cores/legos/matchbox cars/french fries/straws/stickers/checkers/crayons...etc. out of the car seats, I now have 2 fabulously handsome strapping young men to do it for me! I know you are all jealous...I love how Lil Man looks so dang hapy cleaning the car, why can't he be that excited to clean up the toy room? Is it a testosterone thing?

A day or two later I asked Lil man to clean up the toys in the back yard, this is what I saw ten minutes later. Apparently I was not quite specific enough. He'd gathered up all his toys (including his old tricycle from underneath the deck), put them into his mini wading pool and hosed them off. Admittedly they all probably needed a good scrubbing, especially the soccer net ???, how great that he decided to help me out like that! Too bad he got 100% drenched in the process and created a mud puddle that could drown a brontasaurus or whatever it is that dinosaur is called these days :)

3 comments:

  1. awww! You are so spoiled! Clean car, clean hoola hoop AND a clean soccer net!!! wow. I'm quite impressed!
    PS I love that second photo of coulter. Def scrapping material!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I wish our cars inspired that at our house. Our beater of a car looks the same whether we shine it up or not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I like Lil Man's way of cleaning. :) I feel like doing the laundry that way sometimes. Put it in a big pile & spray the hose on it.

    ReplyDelete